FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSAbout Air Duct Cleaning for Washington DC, Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, Hunt Valley, Reisterstown, Frederick, Bowie, Bel Air, and the Surrounding Areas
A total ventilation system cleaning should be performed every 3-5 years. Customers who have the following might also want to consider more frequent cleanings:
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander.
- Water contamination or damage.
- Residents with allergies or asthma after home renovations or remodeling prior to occupancy of a new home.
Sanitizer is not always recommended for application in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. We use Benefect® Botanical Decon 30 which is specific to the HVAC industry, and is highly effective in eliminating odor-causing microorganisms as well as those associated with mold, mildew and bacterial growth.
*This product is proven to kill over 99.99% of the designated test microorganisms required for broad-spectrum claims of hospital disinfectant effectiveness: Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella enterica, Staphylococcus aureus, Methicillin Resistant S. aureus (MRSA), Escherichia coli, Influenza A virus, H1N1 Influenza A virus, Influenza A Avian (H3N2) virus, Rhinovirus type 37, Norovirus, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Type 1, Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Aspergillus niger & Candida albicans. Kills over 99.99% of bacteria in just 30 seconds.
According to the EPA, indoor air can be up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. The benefits of a freshly cleaned air duct system include:
- Cleaner, fresher and healthier air inside your home or office.
- Home and office furnishings will stay cleaner longer.
- Mechanical units will perform more efficiently when coils and blowers are cleaned which means energy and money savings for you.
WORK IS GUARANTEED FOR 30 DAYS UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. HYDRO-SERV, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS including HVAC system or dryer operation issues. Nor are we responsible for damages resulting from improper installation of duct work or dryer vent runs, marks, peeling or chipping of paint due to removal/installation of vent covers, window/screen damage caused by our hoses, or bird cages, or dryer vent louvers damaged during the dryer vent cleaning process.
Answer: Because they get dirty!
- Does anyone in your home have allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Does anyone in your family suffer from headaches, nasal congestion or other sinus problems at night or in the morning?
- Is there a smoker in the house?
- Do you have dogs, cats or other pets in your home?
- Do you notice “musty” or “stale” odors when the heater or a/c is on?
- Do you notice dust on your furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Does it seem like there is not enough airflow coming from your vents?
If you answered YES:
Never cleaning the ductwork is like changing your oil filter without changing your oil. I’m sure you change your furnace filter often – what about everything leading to the furnace filter? Your ductwork can become an unknown breeding ground for fungi, germs, and mold.
Most of all, it causes Poor Air Quality – When air ducts become dirty, your home’s air quality and cleanliness decreases. By keeping the ductwork clean, air quality improves, which helps improve the overall health of everyone living in the home.
Why Choose Hydro-Serv?
With Hydro-Serv, you can rely on the following:
Hydro-Serv proudly offers professional air duct cleaning, HVAC inspections, HVAC cleaning, filter maintenance, pressure washing, exterior cleaning, and more in Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, Hunt Valley, Reisterstown, Frederick, Bowie, Bel Air, and the surrounding areas of Maryland.